We organise a termly OUCMS concert, but if you wish to organise your own the following information may be useful. Do get in touch if you need any help.
Many colleges have rooms that you can book for a chamber music rehearsal – check with your college music society president. Details for college music societies can be found on the OUMS website.
- Holywell Music Room – this is a great venue for chamber concerts, though you do have to pay a small fee to use it.
- Denis Arnold Hall in the music faculty – you can book this hall through Hazel Shorland at the music faculty.
- College Chapels – some colleges charge for chapel use and some don’t. It’s often easiest to use your own college chapel.
- College recital series – this is probably the easiest way to put on a concert, as the college concerned will help with the organisation and publicity
- The first thing to do is email your event to the OUMS secretary. This will list your event on the OUMS website and the weekly OUMS mail-out. We also keep a list of chamber events, but this is taken directly from the OUMS list, so always send your concert details to them first.
- Create a Facebook event for your concert
- Get your JCR president to put your concert on the weekly JCR mail-out
- Put up posters round your college and in local shops