The society has a booking for the Holywell Music Room every Monday evening during term time. The concerts are free to attend and perform in, and we thoroughly encourage all ensembles around the University (as well as those not organised by the society) to get involved! The typical starting time is 6pm, but this can be moved later if needed. Performers can play anything from a movement of a work to a full evening recital and both a Steinway Model D and a harpsichord is available for use in the venue. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message through the contact form as early as possible if your ensemble would like to perform. These concerts are held with generous support and encouragement from the Faculty of Music and the Events Office staff.
Concert Dates – Hilary 2018
- 5th February 2018 (Week 4)
Beethoven Violin Sonata Cycle II: Tom Fetherstonhaugh (piano) and Athena Hawksley-Walker (violin). Talk from Professor Laura Tunbridge followed by performance. Starting time 7pm.
- 12th February 2018 (Week 5)
Beethoven Violin Sonata Cycle II: Tom Fetherstonhaugh (piano) and Athena Hawksley-Walker (violin). Starting time 7pm.
- 19th February 2018 (Week 6)
Recorder Consort. Starting time 6pm.
- 26th February 2018 (Week 7) – Available
- 5th March 2018 (Week 8) – Wind ensemble and Clarinet Trio.
Concert Dates – Trinity 2018
- 23rd April 2018 (Week 1) Chloe Barnes and co.
- 30th April 2018 (Week 2) – Available
- 7th May 2018 (Week 3) – Available
- 14th May 2018 (Week 4) – Available
- 21st May 2018 (Week 5) – Available
- 28th May 2018 (Week 6) – Available
- 4th June 2018 (Week 7) – Available
- 11th June 2018 (Week 8) – Available